Old January 7th 04, 08:22 PM
Dale

In article ,
wrote:

Unless you do radical configuration changes (e.g. 8000' climb at Vy
then kill
the engine and glide back down), you probably won't exceed the Lycoming
recommended CHT
change rate of 50 degrees per minute.

Not true. On my 182 I had an engine monitor that alerted for shock
cooling (50 degrees/minute). At the end of a climb to 10K I could get a
"shock cooling" warning by simply pushing the nose over to accelerate
from the 80IAS climb without making ANY power reduction.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html