Old March 21st 10, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default GlideNavigator II and SoaringWeb Turnpoints?

I have had problems like this before, and it turned out to be the DAT
file format. It's easily edited using Notepad.

Once, I found that GNII was choking on a line that exceeded 72 or 80
characters (can't remember which). Trim any long lines down and see if
that helps.

Another time, I found that there was a snafu with the line numbers.
The initial line numbers proceeded smoothly from 1 up to 199, then
started over again instead of progressing as they should have into the
200s. I simply hand edited the initial numbers and things worked
fine.

Also, there was a limit of 256 waypoints in Cambridge GPS devices - if
you have more waypoints than say, 240, you might try editing some out
to see if that helps.

You might also try removing any SUA files into GNII, just to keep
things simple.

Good luck!

-John

On Mar 21, 12:12 pm, Ryan Spicer wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to help a club member upload updated waypoint (.dat)
files onto his Compaq Aero 1520 for use with GlideNavigator II v3.0.
I'm an IT guy, but pretty new to the world of soaring software. We've
downloaded the .dat file (http://soaringweb.org/TP/ASA/nm_asa10.dat).
It opens correctly in SeeYou, and when we copy it to PocketPC/Storage
Card/My Documents, it appears in the list of WP files from within
GNII, but when we select "add," to add it to the list of active
waypoint files, and remove the old .dat, no waypoints are available
within GNII. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the
problem? What other information should I be looking at to diagnose
this?