Old February 2nd 05, 03:36 PM
Tony Volk

I don't agree-The F-4 was the best looking fighter ever, at least in the
jet
era.
I was much happier in the club with my Phantom patch than my Turkey

patch....

"A man has only one virginity to lose in fighters, and if it is a lovely
plane he loses it to, there his heart will ever be" -Hemingway. Did you
lose yours in the Phantom? I always thought the name Double-Ugly was not
deserved for the Phantom, but it's too rocket-like for me to really enjoy
it. The Tomcat's blend of angles, points, and sweep make it tops for me,
especially given the fact that it can alter its appearance dramatically with
a swing of the wing. But to each their own, I hear some people even liked
the look of the SLUF!

Tony