Old May 26th 04, 04:27 PM
Bill Hale

Ron Rosenfeld wrote in message . ..
On 20 May 2004 23:13:28 -0700, (Doug) wrote:

So I am in the hold at the BJC VOR for the VOR DME approach to 2v2.

http://www.naco.faa.gov/d-tpp/0405/09041VDA.PDF

At what point do I leave the hold and intercept the 345 radial?

I think the reason that there all these answers is that it does
not matter.

The commentator who said make all turns on the holding pattern side
gave accurate guidance. Look at the terrain and guess why they put the hold
on the east side.

There are a lot of miles between the holding fix and the faf. And
all of it is clear for you.

So getting established can't be much of a factor. I'd turn most directly
to intercept 345 inbound from wherever in the hold I got the approach
clearance.

Maneuvering south of Jeffco seems to be specifically prohibited by
the remark.

Since you don't get to review every decision on the internet while
flying the approach, wisest is to confer with ATC over what you are
going to do when in doubt.

Regards, Bill Hale -- who used to be based at 2v2 when you shot the
ils into FNL then scud ran over KLMO broadcast station and let down into
2v2. -- not a charted procedure...