Old December 2nd 04, 02:14 PM
FatKat

That's no oil-well, that's the Sears Tower. It sounds exactly like the
stone-age version of MSFS. When I was in HS in the mid-80's I took two
semesters of computer-sciences, mostly learning BASIC on the school's
Apple II (they had a bunch of "Franlin Ace" sets as well. In a box of
5.25" floppies were two marked "Flight Simulator", but which I could
never get to work right - it would freeze on the opening screen.
Otherwise, it sounds exactly like what you describe. Even a year
later, when I moved up to a color version for my XT, buildings like the
Sears tower and the Empire State Building looked like oil towers or
something like that.