Old February 24th 05, 09:12 PM
Jim Burns

I find myself going back to IFR: A Structured Approach quite often. It's
one of the few books that has gained a prominent position on the headboard
of my bed. I think the best lesson that the book trys to impart is that
with "structure" a single IFR pilot can gain and save time, possibly life
saveing time. It also helps develop flows and habits that, when used, keep
the pilot ahead of the airplane and the airplane configured properly for
each phase of flight, so that if the pilot does happen to get behind the
plane, the plane should already be in a stable configuration. Most IFR
pilots will say that these are skills that every IFR pilot should have and
put to good use.... I wonder how many really do.

Jim