Old April 28th 05, 02:39 AM
Blueskies

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message ...
This is Chris, Matt's son "speaking".

You can do a direct importation from Excel into Access, but you'll want to
normalize the tables to create a true database. Depending on how your laid
out the Excel collumns/cells, this might be easy or hard.

First, do a report form and lay out your form fields to match the logbook
form. From there, link in a query to fill the pages. You can add total
fields at the bottom for the point in time (running totals) or grand totals.

See if that works. The database schema I laid out for the logbook program
has a lot more information than the typical spreadsheets. I did the program
originally in 1996 (It was a school project) or so when Dad had about 500
hours. I've added a lot of enhancements since then. He's been keeping it
religiously since then and the data since is much more complete and
accurate.

It might well be overkill for what your want.

Best,

Chris Barrow

Chris,

I like to see the database. Could you send to blueskies at ameritech dot net?

TIA!

Dan