Old June 19th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Le Chaud Lapin

Default Future of Electronics In Aviation

On Jun 19, 3:45*pm, wrote:
In rec.aviation.piloting Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

On Jun 19, 2:45?pm, wrote:
In rec.aviation.piloting Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

On Jun 19, 1:35?pm, wrote:
I guess that's reasonable. It is conceivable that typical Cessna willl
look the same in 2108 as it does in 2008.
How about 2508?

Like they do now.

Will the typical Cessna (or whatever dominant GA manufacturer make)
look roughly the same in 2508 as it does in 2008, using essentially
the same mechanical controls (wires, pulleys, bellcranks, etc.)

Aircraft will look like they do now until some huge new technology
gets invented such as anti-gravity or the impulse engines of Star
Trek, in which case they will probably look like Star Trek shuttle
craft.

Or jet engines.

So you think small GA aircraft will look like jet engines?

No. I do not know what they will look like.

The jet engine was invented over 50 years ago and there are jet engines
in production from the giant ones that power the Airbus all the way
down to tiny little ones for model airplanes.

If you knew anything about the typical GA aircraft mission and how
engines actually work, you would know why a turbine of any kind would
be the worst possible choice for most GA aircraft of any engine
currently in production.

The basic problems of small, propellor driven aircraft with aerodynamic
control surfaces were solved about 80 years ago and the physics is
immutable.

The physics of what?

Subsonic, propellor driven flight.

There is physics, and there is propellor-driven aircraft.
If you mean physics-physics is immutable I agree (Newtonian physics).
If me mean that physics of propellor-driven aircraft is mostly
understood, I would have to agree (with some exception).

Nope, totally understood by some entited to put Phd after their name.

Probably. But there are many people with Ph.D's in the field, and
some of them disagree with each other about the origin of lift. Which
of these do we believe?

If you mean that propeller-driven aircraft is the only way to get a
contraption to move foward through the air using no more than basic
Newtonian physics, I disagree.

Name something other than propellors, jets and rockets that actually
exists.

That, I cannot do, until it actually exists.

-Le Chaud Lapin-