Old March 8th 17, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Powerpole assembly

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 10:51:28 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Buy the good crimping tool. A small hemostat attached to the back edge of the contact makes insertion effortless.

I got one for $30 on ebay, with free shipping, seems to be the original item. It crimps 15, 30 and 45A contacts perfectly. There are six places where a contact can be inserted for crimping, only three are correct (hint: its not where the 15, 30 and 45 marks are). Its a nicely-made, complicated tool, and I can understand why it costs $30.