Old January 6th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Ski

Default New NavAir Changes

you guys are really up on this stuff - awesome
I know I got warmly hoodwinked into buying a set of Marine patch books by
the "US Mule" if you know him, a life long work of compiling USMC aviation
patches and it cost an arm and a leg but what a compendium - it takes a life
time to deal with these things. Actually love the book and when I finish my
new house it will move to the library

"Mike Weeks" wrote in message
oups.com...

Ski wrote:
And I thought the Marine lineage was weird - great rundown, now when is
the
pop quiz (awesome)
But let's see, if one were to do a book on Navy Squadrons the lead
identifier would be the "trade name", say
"Red Rippers" or "Sun Downers" and then the fill in chapters would be all
the unit designations and type aircraft flown by that unit

is that near right

Click he

http://www.history.navy.mil/insignia/vf/vf-i.html

And you'll get a good representation of the challenge in attempting to
understand the lineage history of Navy squadrons.

Rich presented a nice summary.