Old November 11th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Default Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

Why not do one yourself? If it's an HP4700 it runs Windows for PDA's and
should support both Java and .NET. I can send you some code to get started,
at one point I was doing a clone of the one Sporty's sells (the handheld
dedicated one with the terrible screen). I don't have time to deal with that
anymore. Needs work, but it's a starting point if you're interested.

"Peter" wrote in message
I am after a simple W&B calculator for a PDA, with a few E6B
calculations (density altitude, say) but nothing else.

I am looking at various candidates that appear to offer a graphical
W&B envelope display:

Aeroplanner
Airplan
Flightcalc
Load Balance
NavigaCE
Niborex
PocketFMS
SA Flightcalc
Teletype GPS
WingX

I recall trying Flightcalc a while ago and it was clearly hard-coded
for 320x240...

Obviously I have written to these firms but one rarely gets a
meaningful reply. I am just trying to avoid spending a whole day
downloading and installing free trial versions

Thank you for any feedback...

Peter.
E-mail replies to but remove the A and the B.