Old December 21st 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Default Autopilot Porpoises when Mike Keyed

Google "ferrite balun". You could have saved us some time telling us a
little bit about what sort of antenna was hidden in the horizontal
stabilizer. Second question is why you put it in the HORIZONTAL stabilizer
when com antennas were meant to live their lives VERTICAL.

Jim

"jls" wrote in message
ps.com...
Also instrument needles go crazy.

Aircraft is a Lancair with antenna hidden in the horizontal stab. How
'bout directing us to some reading material about how to stop it.

Our local avionics guy says we may have to live with it, or install
external antennas, which will dirty up a Lancair in a hurry.

Jim Weir?

Thanks and happy holidays.