Old May 17th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Chopper crash

Stefan Lörchner wrote:
can't contribute a new technical issue, only that it seems to me like he
tried a power off landing, though a "hard" one.

I think the pilot was the one who died...

the speaker in the video says "all persons were rescued. However one of
them - an engineer from Zystech (?) - died in the hospital because of
his injuries.

I wonder what the deceased person's role in the aircraft was. Is
"engineer" a loose translation into English and the fellow was part of
the flight crew (call it flight engineer, crew chief, navigator,
aircrewman, etc)? Or was he a company representative aboard the flight
for some other reason?

Regardless, what a shame.