Old November 30th 04, 02:52 AM
Dave Russell

(Andrew Boyd) wrote in message . com...

I've yet to meet anyone that pushes -3 or more and claims
it's fun or easy. :-|

Well, you just met one :-)

OK, one.... but anybody that flies formation aerobatics in a Pitts
might be considered a 'Special Case" (I can't believe that I really
typed that). :-)

Seriously, I've come to *really* appreciate the difficulty and talent
involved in formation airshow work. I once watched the Red Barron
solo guy reform from a hard, diving 90-degree turn behind the showline
(he made it look so damn EASY!) and spent the rest of the day totally
awed by that simple display of airmanship.

One day I'll trade the Stearman in on something with a big engine and
huge G limits, and you'll have to teach me that takeoff routine. :-)

-dave
8KCAB / N2S-3