Old August 20th 04, 11:04 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Dale" wrote in message
I'm trying to research my fathers WWII service. I have his DD214 and
know some things about his service from talking to him.

Someone posted about being able to get the unit "log"/history using the
Freedom of Info Act. Does anyone know how to go about doing that?

Thanks.

You are better off contacting the National Personel Records Center in St
Louis (if he was Army or Army Air Forces); with his 214 and you being his
direct survivor, they should be happy to help you out. My sister and

father
just went through this process trying to get my grandfather's pre-WWI
records, but in his case it was a lost cause because those records were
among those lost during the big fire a few decades back.

oops--that applies to all services, not just Army and AAF!

Brooks

Their web address is:

http://www.archives.gov/research_roo...e_records.html

Brooks

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html