Old June 10th 16, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default ASG-29 water dump rates

Please do share your data.

On Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 9:27:13 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Replies seem to be focused on dumping from full (or ballast volume at departure if MTOW limited) to empty, such as on final glide. Does that not miss the intent of the activity?

Measuring my dump rates is on my to do list too. On a day that's not as strong as predicted, I want to know the rates so that after an intermediate dump in flight my LX has an accurate weight/loading to use in its calculations. This will be from full, or ballast @ MTOW if limiting, to 50% or so. Thus its this 'range' I'll be measuring, with the wings and fuse in an 80kt flight attitude. The slowing of the dump at lower volumes is inconsequential as on final glide, my only concern is dumping it all before landing.

CJ