Old March 7th 05, 01:07 AM
Blanche

Personally, I was underwhelmed by ADLog. Most of the ADs sent to me
were not applicable and more than half the ADs that were applicable
did not appear. With all the ADs now on the FAA website at
airweb.faa.gov, I'm not sure ADLog is that cost effective nor
effective in general.

Besides, it's the IA's responsibility to ensure all the ADs are
tracked. My efforts are a convenience to him but if he doesn't
verify everything, then he's not doing his job properly.

I did like the ADLog dividers and am using them in the big binders.

Another action I took (during really bad weather) was to start
transcribing all the log books (yes, I do get that bored at times!)
into a spreadsheet (or you can use your favorite database) so that
I can do really easy searches. For example, to find out when the
brakes were last replaced...Or the landing light replaced. Much
easier than searching thru handwritten log books. And those logs
from before 1990 were in really bad handwritting. Often illegible...