Old July 11th 03, 08:32 PM
EDR

At least you folks have had electricity for the past three days.
Here in the Columbus Ohio vicinity, the first wave of storms rolled
through at 3:50 pm Monday and took out the first batch of power
customers. The second round came through at 4:15 am Tuesday morning and
knocked the rest of us out (100,000+). As of this evening there were
still 11,000 without power.

Wow!
I'll bet there are a lot of grills cooking in your neighborhood. (Gotta
save that meat before it spoils...)

The last day, I counted eight generators running as I walked the dog
around the block (half-mile). The city is running special trash pickups
Friday and Saturday for rotted food.