Old June 10th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Strategic Bombing Quiz, Pt. 2

Gordon wrote:

1. What country was the first to employ 4-engine bombers in WWII?

France, IIRC One of those Big Ugly Farmans.

2. What was the first country to bomb Berlin in WWII?

France, again.

3. What was the first country to bomb Berlin in WWII using 4-engine
bombers?

Uhm, France?

4. (Over-water component) What route did they take?

I expect they flew. Train service was unreliable.
Didn't they fly out over the North Sea, pass into the Baltic, and come down
from the North?

(Heard about the move. That Sucks Rocks. Hope all is well with you & yours,
otherwise. )

I've been impossibly busy - please excuse that, and expect a writeup on the
SDASM after I live through this weekend.

--
Pete Stickney
Without data, all you have is an opinion