Old September 27th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wright1902glider

Default Epps 1907 monoplane at NBAA 2007

On Sep 27, 8:01 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I was quite interested in his liegth biplane of the early thirties and did
some research on it with a view to maybe building it and so came across a
good bit of material on the 07 airpane as a result.

That was probably David Hill's website. He did quite a bit of research
into the 1924 light monoplane a few years back, including locating a
possible original engine for it. But I never did hear that he had
started construction.

One of the interesting things about the 1907 monoplane is that its V-
twin Anzani engine did survive. In 2003, Pat Epps gave me a
documentary video about his father that was produced by UGA around
2000. At that time, Pat's older brother Ben Jr. still had the engine
in his workshop and dug it out for the video. Ben Jr. has since passed
away, and in 2005, I moved to Colorado. But I'm sure that the engine
is still in the Epps family somewhere. It would be very interesting to
see it in an airframe again. It would be even better to see it driving
a propeller.

Harry