Old September 28th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Errol Groff

Default Epps 1907 monoplane at NBAA 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:41:18 -0700, wright1902glider
wrote:

According to the NBAA website, there will be a reproduction Epps 1907
monoplane hanging in the enterance hall of the Georgia World Congress
Center for the NBAA 2007. In fact, it should be there right now.

Anyone going to, or at, NBAA 2007 in Atlanta? Anyone near Atlanta?
Can you get me a photo or better yet, some details of who built it and
possibly contact info if thats available? I've already emailed the
contact person at Epps aviation.

Those of you who know me already know that I've discussed this
aircraft several times on this group and have photos of it on my
walls. Its been on my build-list for 12 years. I'd fly out to Atlanta
myself just to see it, but I've got work obligations keeping me in
CO.

Any help and/or info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry Frey
Wright Brothers Enterprises

My friend, Ford Martyn, who has since passed away built a replica of a
Ben Epps designed bi-plane. This was in the early 1970's.

In the summer of 2005 my wife and I were traveling out west after
Oshkosh and in the lobby of the Hampton Inn in Cheyenne Wyoming I
overheard the gentleman next to me say that his name was Epps.

Just as a lark I asked if he was related to the Epps family of
Georgia. He ask how I knew of his family and I told him about my
friend and the bi-plane. With a dead serious expression he told me
that his Grand-dad was Ben Epps and that his dad had traveled up to
Connecticut to see the plane my friend had built.

Talk about amazing. One fellow from CT and another from GA in a hotel
lobby in WY who had an aviation connection.

Errol Groff
EAA 60159