Old December 12th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

Default Throwing TP out of a/c?

On Dec 12, 5:02*pm, "Ken S. Tucker" wrote:
Of course there are laws about throwing things out
of your airplane, that's a gimme, but I'm told some
like to toss out a few rolls of toilet paper.
That sounds 'benighn' and I'm quite certain no pilot
who post to this fine group would ever do that, but
perhaps a *friend* of yours did, what did your friend
do?
Ken

The roll of toilet paper trick used to be done at Old Rheinbeck (sp?)
Aerodrome in upstate NY, and then the guy flying the Cub would attempt
to cut it time and again. I remember watching in amazement as he got
very very close to the tree tops for the last several cuts. I don't
know how tightly a Cub can turn, but my qualitative answer is its
turning radius is oh-my-god tight at low airspeeds.