Old December 17th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ken S. Tucker

Default Throwing TP out of a/c?

On Dec 17, 9:05 am, Agerhart wrote:
On Dec 12, 6:13 pm, Bug Dout wrote:

Yeah I tried it a few times in a J3. It turns out to be rather
difficult to deliberately hit something in the air...but it is funny to
watch the TP drift like a huge piece of lint.
--
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support
rather than illumination."

If you put a paper clip on the edge of the roll, engaging about 1/8"
of TP, it will
string out in a long line, as opposed to creating a large "pancake".
If you do manage to hit it squarely; land soon and decowl the
aircraft. TP has
been known to scatter across the top of the engine, sticking in the
cooling fins,
and presenting a very real fire hazard.
Ask me how I know.
Al G

LOL, it's my thread, so I'll "ask".
Seriously, I rather doubt a bit of shredded TP would be a fire
hazard. OK, maybe a probabilty of 1 in 10,000, guess if you
use heavy ply TP maybe 1 in 8,000, but that's for rich folks.
Ken