Old April 20th 05, 06:40 AM
J. Severyn

"Newps" wrote in message
news

Only if you live near sea level. Here at 3600 feet they are a joke.

Not quite. Yes, they are cramped...and the seats are not that comfortable.
But they are cheap to run (relatively). On the other hand, I commonly fly
my 152 across the Sierra at 12,500 or 13,500 feet. Of course I'm the only
occupant so it is around 200# below max gross. The engine is the standard
O235-L2C.

Yes I'd like more speed, power and comfort. But for building time on a
budget, a 152 is a good start. I bought mine 21 years ago, and still have
it.

J. Severyn
KLVK