Old February 11th 09, 11:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default Flight Following

Ken Kose wrote:

I'm a new private pilot and new to this group. I have a question
regarding FF. I plan to fly a direct route which will transit class c
airspace. If I call "center" and request FF, will they coordinate my
flight through class c, or will they hand me off to class c
controllers until I'm clear of their area. Thanks.

Center will either terminate flight following as you near the boundary
between the center and approach control or hand you off to the approach
control responsible for the Class C airspace. The Class C airspace may be
only twenty miles across, but the airspace delegated to the approach control
in which it's located is probably 60 to 80 miles across.