Old October 13th 03, 03:25 AM
Mike Rapoport

You ain't buying a jet that can carries as many people as a King Air 350 for
$5.8m and you ain't operating a jet that carries as many people as a King
Air 350 for less than twice what the King Air costs. Most of these
airplanes are owned by companies who are using them to make money and ego or
status is not a consideration when the decision maker isn't going to be on
the airplane anyway.

Mike
MU-2

"Doug Vetter" wrote in message
. net...
Hi all,

Was just reading the King Air article in this month's Flying and saw the
price w/ the new avionics suite (why they went with Collins is beyond
me, but that's another story).

Just wondering if I'm the only one who did a double-take at the price.
$5.8M for a KING AIR? Jeez...if anyone had to wonder why Raytheon/Beech
is having financial trouble, this is why. You can buy a nice Citation
for that, and while the King Air would be a sweet personal aircraft, if
I had that kind of cash burning a hole in my pocket I know what I'd be
buying with it!

Of course, given a Baron with steam gauge instrumentation is $1.3M this
overpricing thing seems to be a common problem with them. I'll grant
you the Beech and Piper products are targeted at different markets, but
$700K for the new Seneca V with Meggitt displays looks like a far more
reasonable deal to me.

Now, if only Piper would start building Cheyennes again...*sigh*.

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, CFIMEIA

http://www.dvcfi.com