Old June 20th 09, 10:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Oxy/Act welding setup safety

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:37:26 -0700 (PDT), canuck_bob
wrote:

Exactly, my smaller home tanks are great but my neutral flame setting
wanders a bit while welding. It tends to a slight oxidizing direction
which isn't as noticeable as a carburizing creep. Right now I
maintain a hint of a feather but would prefer my system would hold
settings for the length of a cluster. With thin stuff it gets a
little harder to weld because of the wandering heat as well.

bloody hell. everyone gets it. I thought it was just me.
used to drive me nuts until I gave up.