Old July 21st 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default Testing On The Cheap

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:36:18 -0500, cavelamb
wrote:

Brian Whatcott wrote:

A striking comment in a wonderful book on engineering design disasters
mentioned casually that the proof load on a particular aluminum airliner
wing would bend it to the vertical at the tips [if buckling did not
occur long before....]
Perhaps you were too hasty to scrub the project?? I have looked out the
window in bumpy conditions to see wingtips flapping a yard or two....

Brian W

I've seen them do that in a 747.

....and here I was expecting you to post "I've seen them do that in the
texas taildragger"

Stealth :-) Pilot