Old May 17th 05, 07:01 AM
John Clonts

"Eric Bartsch" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'll be taking my first dual in a 1974 Cessna 210II this Sunday and I
won't have access to a POH until then. If anyone could post the
V-Speeds and typical traffic pattern speeds, I'd appreciate it so I can
start a bit of studying in advance.

Also, any words of wisdom about the plane would be great. I've flown a
206 and a 172RG a lot, so I'm visualizing a combination of the two
(probably not very accurate).

Hello Eric,

I have a '79 210.

All speeds in knots
Vx about 95
Vy 65-70
Vso 50-55
Best glide 70-80
Maneuvering speed 110-120
IFR
Approach level no flaps 130-140 (gear up, about 18")
Approach level w/flaps 110
VFR
Pattern 100-110
Turn Final about 90
Over the fence 65-70

Cruise 160, 80 pounds per hour

Definitely a heavier feel overall than a 172 It will really drop a wing in a departure stall. People told
me that it was "nose heavy" in the flare, but I never found that to be the case.

That's all I can think of at this hour, except that it's a great plane overall, we love ours.
--
Cheers,
John Clonts