Old September 21st 05, 06:43 PM
Ron Natalie

paul kgyy wrote:
The key is the "as required". That puts the monkey on your back.
Lycomings do incur carb ice, though perhaps less often.

Tell me about it. I used to have a GO-435 lycoming. The engine
always ran hot and the conventional wisdom was that the PS-5C
pressure carb was near immune to carb ice. Well, we had it
happen. Margy flew back from the next field over at 20" of
MP (about ten minutes) and it wasn't that cold of a day even.
The thing iced up about the time we hit the pattern.

Of course, the replacment engien can't get carb ice (no carb).