Old May 27th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Settling with power Chopper crash

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 26 May 2006 08:01:34 -0400, "B4RT"
wrote:

The other advantage to paying yourself is that you wont be hamstrung by
the
employer. Most companies will keep you on a short leash by either requring
you to do mundane stuff for a long time before theyll pay for the Type,
and/or by binding you up contractually after they pay for it.

Yeah, that's pretty typical. I used to work for a chop that said
they'd pay for my Novell Netware certification, but I'd have to stick
with them for two years after I got my cert. I said no thanks, I'll
do it on my own.

Very smart choice on your part. My work has been requiring new hires to
sign "pre-employment" contracts in order to be hired. "That" has blown up
in more than a few of their faces. Once they've got you under that
financial obligation, then they can treat you any way they want, figuring
there's nothing you can do about it.

It makes for a **** poor working environment and "very" unhappy employees!