Old September 10th 18, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

On Monday, September 10, 2018 at 2:49:08 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
Chris
Thats a nice video, great work on your plane.
When you have to replace your turbine bearings do you do it yourself or send them out?
What does that cost?

Nick,

Jet Cat has a support/service center on the east coast that provides the yearly condition inspections and needed parts and service. They have been vary supportive of my installation and typically provide a vary quick turn around. The bearing replacements are provided by Jet Cat as they not only replace the bearings but do a dynamic balance after installation. Most of the bearing replacements and parts have been covered under their 3 year warranty. If I recall correctly the bearing and installation will run around $500 per engine.