Old August 21st 04, 06:53 PM
Leadfoot

"hobo" wrote in message
In article KYBVc.118201$sh.114795@fed1read06,
"Leadfoot" wrote:

Some candidates

Yamamoto shootdown
Hiroshima
Paul Doumer bridge LGB
Dambusters
Tirpitz
Norwegian heavy water
Midway
Doolittle raid

Why isn't the Israeli attack on the Egyptian AF to start the Six Day war
listed?

Cuz I didn't think of it in the twenty minutes I took from taking the idea
in my head to flowing the electrons onto the internet.

It's definitely a good candidate I didn't think of along with 9-11 or
Taranto.

After their AF was destroyed on the ground the Egyptians ordered
their troops on the border to retreat, which was most likely a mistake,
and they were slaughtered by the Israelis as they withdrew. Eliminating
Egypt so quickly allowed the Israelis to fight a 3 front war one front
at a time.