Old October 26th 04, 05:20 PM
Robert M. Gary

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message link.net...
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
om...

Did you request an IFR clearance to that destination?

No, I said I need to pick up an IFR to climb above an overcast. He
asked me my dest. I told him. He said it would take 15 minutes or so
to get a clearance that far. I told him I would cancel on top. He said
it didn't make a difference he needed to get the clearance all the way
down. This was just south of SeaTac and I was going to California.

There's no reason he'd have to issue a clearance all the way to your
destination.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that Seattle ATC just got
those fancy new enroute computer systems we've been reading about?
-Robert