Old December 3rd 03, 04:36 PM
Alan Minyard

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 16:46:53 GMT, "Ed Majden" wrote:

"Alan Minyard"
Oh, now I see, the demise of the CF-105 was an evil plot by the nasty

'Mercans
to keep the industrial might of Canada from taking over the defense

industries.
What a loon.

Perhaps you should take a course in English comprehension. The CF-105
was cancelled because Canada was in the middle of a recession, there was a
government change, and Sputnik was launched making some to think that the
manned bomber threat was no longer an issue. The Arrow was a Liberal
project and the new Consevative government hated anything Liberal so they
stupidly cancelled the program. The U.S. apparently offered to fund some
CF-105's for the R.C.A.F. but it was too late. Even though the U.S. would
not buy the Arrow for the USAF it was an Canadian decision! Do some
research!

You will note that my post contained something called "sarcasm". Sorry
that you are unable to comprehend this routine literary tool.

Al Minyard