Old April 8th 04, 03:17 PM
G.R. Patterson III

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote:

I would like to start doing my own 50-hour inspection. I would like to
have "the service manual", which I understand specifies the procedures
for the 50 hour inspection. I own a Piper Turbo Arrow III. Do I get
the manual from Piper, from TCM, or is their one for the plane and one
for the engine?

There's a maintenance manual for the plane and an owner's manual for the engine. The
engine manual contains specs for a 50 hour inspection. If you start doing these, do
*not* log it as a "50 hour inspection"; in fact, do not use the word "inspection" in
your logbook entry. Just make a detailed list of the things you checked.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".