Old September 7th 04, 01:49 PM

When I bought this from ebay awhile back, I checked on the mods. It
supposedly has 1-4 and 6-11 (I don't have it here in front of me). It just checked
out in June on the IFR certification (go figure!). I'm guessing it's one of the
connectors on the back.

It could be in the radio, but I doubt it's a bad VOR receiver/converter, since
the RNAV works. I think the radio's just not getting the right X/Y encoder signal
from the OBS knob, so it doesn't know where to put the needle.

-Cory

David Johnson wrote:
: Check to see if your KNS80 has Mod 10 (should be stamped on the
: back). I don't have the details, but this has to do with inter-
: mittent contact between the internal circuit boards. Loose internal
: contacts will produce the effects you mention. I found it cheaper
: to buy a yellow tagged KNS80 on eBay than to fix my old one - but
: it needed other repairs as well.

: David Johnson

* Cory Papenfuss *