Old March 4th 07, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tim

Default Dynamic Prop Balancer

Robert Scott wrote:
Can anyone tell me how a dynamic prop balancer works? I have heard that it
involves an accelerometer to detect vibration, but it what do they use to detect
the prop position to correlate with that accelerometer? Could it be an optical
pickup from a mark placed on the prop? Or perhaps a pickup from the magneto?
Although a mag pickup would be ambiguous by 180 degrees, I think. I was just
brainstorming on how I might design one from scratch.

Robert Scott
Ypsilanti, Michigan

No idea, but can anyone recommend a shop that will balance my single
engine grumman - one close to KISP - Long Island NY? I have no problems
travelling to CT or RI or MA or VT for this - might make a day trip out
of it.

thanks