Old April 19th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Default Spamming Aholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 05:37:10 -0700 (PDT), gliderguynj wrote in
:

I read these messages via the Google home page....What do you have to
do, or how can I mark them all read or deleted so I do not have to see
this crap? Luckily my piloting skills are better than my computer
skills.... They have bombed this group too much I say!!!!

You may be able to get some relief (but not perfect) by using
a newsreader and a news service provider:

http://www.big-8.org/dokuwiki/doku.p...s:news_readers

http://www.big-8.org/dokuwiki/doku.p...news_providers

I was very happy with the spam filtering that Supernews used
to do. Now that Supernews has been sold to Giganews, it
**SEEMS** to me that I'm seeing more spam than I used to.

I'm not willing to testify to the change in court and I
have no hard data to back it up.

Policies vary from one news service to the next, I believe,
about how vigorously they filter spam before delivering
the news. There is a server-side filter called Cleanfeed:

http://www.exit109.com/~jeremy/news/cleanfeed/

The author used to work for Supernews. I believe he
is now on sabbatical after the sale of Supernews to
Giganews.

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.