Old March 24th 09, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default LAS approaches

Ron Garret wrote:

I guess I should have phrased the question a little differently. I
know where these waypoints are (obviously they're on the approach
plate). What I want to know is how do you get to them if they're not
shown on the enroute chart? (I'm talking theory here. I know that
in practice you just get vectored around, and it's visual approaches
99.9% of the time.)

SKEBR is connected to the enroute environment through the CLARR2 arrival,
KACCY is connected via the feeder route from BLD VORTAC.

Conversely, what do you do if your DUATS-recommended flight plan
terminates at a waypoint that is not the IAF for any approach and you
lose comm?

Whatever you feel is in your own best interest.