Old December 19th 04, 09:54 PM
zatatime

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 20:51:26 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

What does
logging the time buy him? Nothing that I can see. None of this time counts in
furtherance of any certificates.

He doesn't "need" anymore certificates right now. What it would buy
him is meeting a total time requirement for a job, and meeting
insurance requirements for insurance on planes his family own part or
all of. Right now he's got about 750-800 hours with 500 in
multi-engine airplanes. Most jobs want 1000 total, as do his
insurance companies. (I saw the other thread on getting insurance...I
don't want to go there for right now, and am only relating what he and
his father have told me about their insurance woes.) So when he flies
the Aztec, Stomp, or Great Lakes he isn't insured. He did finally get
put on the policy for the SNJ.

His father has always kept a log book and noted when the son was with
him doing the flying. Turns out the kid had about 400 hours before he
ever turned 16 (and that doesn't include time he was in the airplane
with someone else doing the flying)! Being able to capture some of
that time would put him over the 1000 hour mark, and send him on his
career path more quickly.

When I made the post, I was thinking along the same lines to what you
and Gregg have posted. What I'm not sure about are the possible
repercussions if something were to happen.