Old September 14th 05, 03:49 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:14:18 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

I remember you mentioning the odd prob.

As soon as I get my refund (Which I *STILL* haven't received) I'll be
posting all the gory details....

I wait with bated breath.

That's always a good thing. You can even see the weather from your bed :-)

I have the airport's ATIS on my speed dial. Just press 1# and I'm
connected.

You're beoming an anorak you are :-)

- plus the chief pilot has something like 20,000 hours in
helicopters)

He must've used up all his luck by now

When I got my sign-off to fly their R22s under my ticket, I had to go
do autos with him. He flew the 1st one with his left hand on the
cyclic and his right hand on MY collective and did a full down with a
setdown gentler than my setdowns with power.

*******:-) A friend of mine is an instructor on R22,'s and even with close
to 2000 hours insrucing on them, he still hates doing full down auto's when
he demo's them for students. He's about to convert to Enstroms now though,
and they auto a lot more easily.

The man can fly the hell out of a helicopter (And he's a helluva nice
guy to boot!)

Looks like a damed good combination.

I've heard rumors he autos his MD500 to the trolley he uses to cart
the thing in and out of the hangar with. I'd love to see that...

I have another pal in Sweden who used to do the same thing with both his
Bell 47G and his Enstrom. The cart had two lines painted on it (one for the
left skid, the other for the front cross strut) and was never more than half
an inch off being dead centre when he landed. Very impressive. He had a
(home fitted) gas strut that held the door open on his Enstrom and he
unlatched the door as he was auto-ing, then leaned out and just looked at
the cart. Put the ****s up me when I first experienced it, but he was GOOD,
so I got used to it.

Mind you, he's another guy that doesn't fly heli's anymore. He bought a
float plane (lots of places to land in Sweden in one of those) and now
enjoys much cheaper thrills.

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)