Old January 3rd 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Aspen at night

Of course someone fails to see the humor in my post which was in
response to the humor of the prior poster (no smiley needed to detect
sarcasm)

Ron Lee

"Jim Macklin" wrote:

You design an approach, have special equipment and training,
have the FAA flight check the approach. You do not just
look at a sectional and make up something.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

wrote:

| Private non-published approach.
|
| Cool. How do I get me one of those?
|
| You look at a sectional of that area and plot a course.
Input
| appropriate points into your GPS unit flight plan. With
each point is
| an associated minimum altitude. Flight check in VFR
conditions before
| use. Verify that you won't kill anyone on the ground if
off course.
| Don't carry passengers when in IMC conditions flying the
approach. Of
| course this would be "illegal."
|
| I just read the full narrative of the screwup (accident).
I missed
| where they went wrong. Since they impacted short of the
runway I
| would have to assume that they went below MDA too soon.
However it
| seemed like they were saying they had the airport in
sight.