Old July 29th 10, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_18_]

Default Blanik L-13 AD

On Jul 28, 1:00*pm, Ronald Locke Ronald.Locke.
wrote:
'Berry[_2_ Wrote:

;736025']In article
,
Jim wrote:
-
Has anybody have a blanik not pass the wing inspection?

We're just getting started and are interested in what others are
experiencing.

Thanks,
Jim Dingess-

Heard that an L-13 here in Alabama failed a dye penetrant test...

We got after our L-13 with a fiber optic scope, mirrors, lights, etc.,
looked OK to our AI.

Hello all

We also passed the spar check with flying colours but along with every
other Blanik in Australia have been grounded because of an inability to
meet the Average Operating Conditions as detailed in the LET Mandatory
Bulletin (the document that initiated the AD)

Would I be correct in assuming that provision to LET of these statistics
is not mandatory in the US?

Thanks in advance

Ron

--
Ronald Locke

Good question. The comment period for this ad runs until Aug. 27, I
think, we should all comment that this provision is difficult to
comply with, the gliders are passing their inspections and there
should be an alternate means of complying with the bulletin.

Jim