Old October 28th 11, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BillT

Default CAI 302; slow download of flight log

On Oct 28, 8:47*am, Ramy wrote:
On Oct 27, 5:43*am, Peter Wyld wrote:

At 10:01 27 October 2011, BillT wrote:

Hi all, I downloaded a 4hr 30' flight from the 302 to my PC for the
first time & it took 1hr 10'. I see from previous discussion the baud
rate should increase significantly when downloading flight logs, but
apparently it didn't in this case. Any advice on how to fix this will
be appreciated. Thanks, *Bill

What did you use (software) to do the download????

If you don't use the 302 PC utility you could be there all day. Oh, wait a
minute, you were!

http://www.cambridge-aero.com/executables/3UTPC256.zip

Downloading time is also affected by the size of the file which is
affected by the logging interval. The recommended logging interval is
4 sec if I recall correct. If it is set to 1 sec it will take 4 times
longer to download.

Ramy

Thanks everyone. I'm using the CAI Utility v. 2.5.6 with a Belkin USB
to serial adaptor. I think the 302 logging interval is 4 sec (but will
check tomorrow). Bill