Old October 21st 08, 08:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default P-3 DOWN

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 13:54:47 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"SKUNK WORKS" wrote in message
KABUL, Afghanistan - The U.S. military says that a U.S. Navy patrol plane
overshot the runway at an airfield in Afghanistan and was destroyed.

Why was a P-3 in a land-locked country?

Anyone can find subs out in the ocean. It takes real skill to find 'em up in
the mountains.

That, or maybe, just maybe, that was an EP-3 of some kind. Which might be why
no-one wants to say anything about who was aboard or what it was doing.

BTW, Alan-me-lad... have you reported my 'forged' headers to Newsguy yet?

Didn't think so.