Old January 11th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default $30,000 pitch links

claude lescure opined

What is abreviation of PMA? Or what does it mean in english?
Claude

Parts Manufactoring Authority

It makes it almost impossible for anyone to duplicate a part, without the
manufacturer's permission.

Ind guess how often that happens.

"Ash Wyllie" a écrit dans le message de news:
Stuart Fields opined

Currently on Ebay is an add for a couple of pitch links for a Bell 412
helicopter. The add says that the list price for the pair is $30,000!!!!!
With a buy it now price of $8,000. I just finished making a set for my
Safari that had rod ends both lt and rt hand and I doubt that I have $400
in
them even if I pay myself $100/hr for the labor. Are the Bell parts made
from Unobtanium? Are they fabricated in a zero G environment in the Space
Lab?
Why do I have an experimental helicopter instead of a Bell 47?

It's called PMA, and is one of the greatest gifts the FAA has given to
aircraft
makers.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2005!