Old July 14th 20, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

Default eccentric wing pin tool

On 7/14/2020 7:45 AM, wrote:
A few of us were helping a fellow pilot assemble his brand-new HpH 304
several years ago, and clearances were so tight that it was a real
struggle. One British observer said, "Oh just take it out and ground-loop
it a few times. It will loosen right up!"

Chortle! And maybe I'm bored this morning, but this bit of across-the-pond
wisdom ties right in with (e.g.) the "bedding in" process recommended by
(some? many? all?) manufacturers of semi-automatic shotguns, who suggest the
first 20 rounds or so should be magnum loads...by way of exercising the
precision sliding bits under maximum-routine, high-stress, conditions in
expectation of achieving the longest/smoothest operating lifetime.

Hey. Motorcar engines, shotguns, sailplanes. What's not to like?!?

I'll be leaving now. My work here is done.

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com