Old October 10th 03, 08:12 AM
Jim Weir

Ain't been around long, have you sonny? I've run for the EAA board of directors
twice in the last 15 years. At least in California, you know the odds and can
plan your campaign strategy honestly and on a level playing field. The EAA is
HARDLY a level playing field.

EAA is totally controlled by the Oshkosh Mafia. Please, don't misunderstand me.
I didn't much care for Paul, but I truly believe that Tom has the membership'
interest at the bottom of his heart. But, to be an outspoken critic of some of
the policies and procedures of the EAA is to be relegated to some little
pipsqueak that is crushed by the "proxy" system. You don't smile and say, "yes,
massa", you be on the scrapheap.

This proxy system is probably challengeable in court, but my suspicion is that
the EAA has enough lawpower on staff to have written the provisions so that the
Wisconsin judicial system will look with favor on the home team as opposed to
some outside flakes trying to make the good guys look bad.

Hey, the first rule of politics is to understand the system and who has the
inside track. I ain't no fool. I went up against it twice and was thoroughly
whipped. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure that an unpaid seat on a
toothless board where your future is dependent on going along with the status
quo isn't where an honest rebel with an ounce of dignity wants to serve. Just
LOOK at the geldings on that board and read their resume some day to see what I
say is the truth.

Jim

(Fitzair4)

-How about running at the next election, for the President of the EAA!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rst-engr.com