Old December 4th 09, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

Default Time-lapsed flight from KMBO-KJAN-KHKS-M16-MBO with ATC COMS

On Dec 5, 9:23*am, " wrote:
Last weeks adventures.

GWO 11/383 MBO RWY 17/35 UNMKD
GWO 11/385 MBO RWY 17/35 CLSD/PARL TWY 4444X40 AVBL TKOF/LDG WEF
0911281200-0911282300

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIq-xeWQIG0

8 minute video will have you endure a taxiway takeoff and landings at
KMBO as well as landings at KJAN HKS and M16. *Video demonstrates on
the second part why we need to check NOTAMS even on local flight.

Video includes reactions from me and another pilot along for the ride
during our Captain Kangaroo taxiway events at KMBO.

Watching this video I can't help but wonder if your landing attitude
seem seems a bit flat, (it seems to me that the nose and mains are
touching almost at the same time and the touch down horizon picture
looks very similar to the taxi picture) perhaps you could try holding
it off just a bit longer? This would mean that you are at lower energy
at touchdown, also keep the nose wheel off the runway once the mains
are down by continuing to increase back pressure. If the nose wheel is
off but the mains are down a bump can't hop you up again so easily.
Good fast decision to throw in power and lift off rather than try to
rescue a landing you were not happy with. This may have occurred to
you, but you might like to check that your stall warning is not going
off too early by doing some stalling at altitude?

Hope this helps.
Cheers

for longer. If the nose wheel is down, a bump can increase AOA and
cause a hop as you experienced. t take off. I. I also wonder if you've
checked you stall warning